Friday, June 19, 2015

Quiet Anchor


“Let He Who hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail.” -- Romeo, that fateful eve

You are the quiet anchor on my way,
the silent steerage holding me to course,
speaking Your muted message when I stray,
the gentle friend Who prompts me without force.

You stir the breeze that helps direct my sail,
You steer to port and run to sport my speed,
from storm to stern, You lash me to the rail,
You bend my will to follow still Your lead.

You are the unseen Captain of my bark,
the star I watch for guidance that is true,
with eyes of faith, I track You in the dark,
to cue my crew unto our rendezvous.

O Holy Spirit, firm me in the foam,
and swift by sea please anchor me to home.

                               -- by Pete Voelz       2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment