Monday, June 1, 2015

Mother and Son


If I feel close to Christ since He’s a man,
there’s still some distance for He’s also God,
but Mary is my Mother per God’s plan,
and being close to her is never odd.

At Guadalupe, she said she’s our Mother,
like Christ named her our Mother from the cross,
thus too naming Himself as our own Brother,
to drift away from either--what a loss!

God formed her special with her sinless soul,
though fully human as the human race,
no worship here, her virtues we extol,
we do revere one God made full of grace.

O Mary Mother mine, stay close to me,
and pray for us who have recourse to thee.

(GMC--on-line story I saw today about Pope
Francis’s great devotion to our Mother Mary as
her son, after I wrote this poem this morning.)

                            by Pete Voelz     6/1/15

No comments:

Post a Comment