Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Out of Love

Out of my love come memories and prayer,  
we most recall emotions that are strong  
and love for one another that is rare,  
I pray they might not stray if right or wrong.  
Love prompts a prayer when nothing else will do,  
I beg God send His angels to their side,  
immediately my prayer flies straight and true,  
and nothing bars the grace they are supplied.  
The loved ones never see the one who prays,  
the silent sacred words they do not hear,  
yet none can doubt the power the prayer conveys,  
and God to both of us is now more near.  
I know, O Lord, fond memories are fine,  
but prayer can bring Your love to join with mine.  

                                   -- by Pete Voelz        2/08

           (Dedicated to old friends and new)

No comments:

Post a Comment