Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cool Passion

God gives me reason He wants me to use,                                                    
He also gives a loving heart to feel,                                                              
the gift of faith He hopes I won't refuse,                                                  
then freedom so my share of life is real.  
I am the co-creator of my fate,  
deciding by my deeds my destiny,  
choosing to use my skill to love or hate,  
to use my natural gifts for God or me.  
My reason and my heart should complement,  
to cooly balance out to know what's best,  
yet passionate to follow up God's bent  
with faith that He will help me pass the test.  
This blend of reason, freedom, faith and heart,  
with Your grace, God, I'll fuse to do my part.  

                              -- by Pete Voelz          12/06

No comments:

Post a Comment