Friday, July 15, 2011

Galaxy God

The God Who guards the galaxies
also keeps my soul,
the Lord Who whispers in my ear
makes the thunder roll,
the blinding One Who forged the sun
made my eye to see,
before He'd nurse the universe,
He cared for little me.

A trillion years before the stars,
at me the Lord took aim,
amid ten billion people sketched,
He wrote my tiny name,
then He put down a golden crown
for me upon His scroll,
to set in place before His face
my sin-forgivened soul.

Before He birthed the moon and earth,
He blessed my destiny,
then rescued my humanity
with His humility,
for though a king, His suffering
evened up the score,
can any man since time began
ever ask for more?

Eternity and infinity
really do exist,
Incarnate resurrected gift
in my own Eucharist,
the Trinity's divinity
sits on the altar shelf,
so the mystery of the Diety's love
can center on my self.

                  -- by Pete Voelz       1998

No comments:

Post a Comment