Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Know to Love

O God, how do I know if I love You?  
I know I love You, Lord, because I pray.  
I also know because of what I do,  
because I follow You and I obey.  
How do I show obedience and prayer?  
The Thou Shalt Nots, the Seven Deadly Sins;  
if I have faith and hope, never despair,  
and when in doubt, I know love always wins.  
I choose God and recall God is a choice,  
in everyone I meet, behold, His face,  
I give that audience of One great voice,  
breathe in, then share, His great amazing grace.  
Repent, thank God, praise God, Who reigns above,  
pray, I do these, then I do know I love.  

                                   -- by Pete Voelz        11/09

(Dedicated to my religion class at St. Mary’s School,
all seven of them, my dear students)

No comments:

Post a Comment