Saturday, June 16, 2012

Quick Awe-full Choice



So all night long, the universe expands,
close to light speed, for fourteen billion years,
across this space, He stretches out His hands,
a personal God, Who wipes away my tears.

St. Trez* said, in perspective, life is short,
“a moment between two eternities,”
I pick an awe-full sentence, like in court,
I quick must choose ‘twixt two long destinies.

I know one’s very good, one’s very bad,
more than this life is my true destiny,
one’s hard, one’s fun--the choosing makes me sad,
can’t I avoid, deny eternity?

What luck! My loving God, Who dries my tear,
to help me make my choice right now, is here.

*St. Theresa, the Little Flower, was French,
so her name was pronounced Trez.

                           -- by Pete Voelz       6/16/12

No comments:

Post a Comment