Friday, June 15, 2012

No Response



Sometimes I have to pray to God when I’m
not ready to converse with Him, my Lord,
when I cannot just stop now on a dime,
nor get so interested because I’m bored.

I think I must await God’s invitation,
like He may just not want me right away,
I probe a bit but feel no inspiration,
and so I put my prayer on pause today.

It’s like I see a bell that does not ring,
or when it does it gives a solemn toll,
my heart is frozen when I want to sing,
I sense a shadow “dark night” in my soul.*

I wonder what my waiting wise God wants,
when He leaves me at sea with no response.

*”The dark night of the soul” was described by St.
John of the Cross, as when we feel deserted by God.

                           --- by Pete Voelz       6/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment