Monday, October 7, 2013

Rosary in the Rain


In honor of Our Lady of the Rosary on her feast day today.

I love to say the Rosary when it's raining,
each drop a Rosary bead of blessed prayer,
the patter of the water's soft refraining
join patterns of my Aves in the air.

The droplets pelt the thirsty plants like leaven,
to nourish arid gardens in the sun;
my prayerlets climb the sunbeams up to heaven
that flourish when the ardent rains are done.

The harvest will be fuller in the morning,
the rainfall fortifying all our food;
as heaven harvests sinners without warning,
my Hail Marys will bring beatitude.

If God gave us His rainfall for our growing
to nourish the material life we feel,
how much more He'll flood graces overflowing
on those who thirst for spiritual rain so real.

So listening to the raindrops as they're falling,
I let the beads slip silent as my prayer,
secure in quiet faith that keeps me calling
His rain of grace to shower everywhere.

                        by Pete Voelz

No comments:

Post a Comment