Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Flying Without Wings



I cannot see you, Angel, but I know that you are there.
You watch me in the dark of night and in the sunlight's glare.
You look at me from pictures, and in books I've met you too.
So even if I tried I couldn't get away from you.

I've heard a lot about you from the people that I trust.
I can't help but put faith in you, and so I know I must.
The Bible tells us there are lots of angels just like you.
And Jesus vows you guard me, so I know it must be true.

He says you stand in heaven before His Father's face
and pray for little ones like me to share in all His grace.
God's love entrusts me here to you, and so I have to care
enough to show my gratitude by greeting you in prayer.

So I pray to you, dear Angel, when I see the morning light,
that you guide and guard me all day long and when I sleep at night.
I'd recognize your face if I could see it, so it seems,
for once on Guardian Angels Eve I met you in my dreams.

So when I try to sense you here but cannot find a trace,
I'll just set my sights on heaven where I'll see you face to face.
The best of friends we will become while the angel choir sings,
and forever we together will go flying without wings.

by Pete Voelz

No comments:

Post a Comment