Monday, April 9, 2012

Last Words

"I thirst," Christ pleads as He hangs on the cross,
for those souls who by chance might still be lost;
"This day, Good Thief, your death will be no loss,
the path to Paradise you now have crossed."
"My son, your Mother, Mother, lo, your son,"
He rules in giving her to all mankind;
"My Father's full forgiveness you have won,
if you repent to what you may be blind."
"My God, My God, have You forsaken Me?"
In desperation He to heaven cries;
and ready then to set His spirit free,
"It is all done," He breathes before He dies.
"To Your hands, Father, I commend my soul"--
His last words as His death fulfills His goal.

                         -- by Pete Voelz       11/07

(Dedicated to the one who played Christ
and recited these seven last words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment