Monday, April 16, 2012

Carin' for Karen

I saw your soul of goodness that first night,
you let me in, we danced the night away,
as your kind smile showed me we were all right,
so we have been all right down to this day.

God prompted you to let me see inside,
past shallow flaws and deep good qualities,
where your true self and inner soul abide,
the gold God gave to build our memories.

Your sweet self I sensed then, I reminisce,
still lets your central soul keep shining through,
so I desire still those lips to kiss,
that still leave me so crazy about you.

That night, before we met, I said a prayer,
God gave me love and you and I still care.

                         -- by Pete Voelz       4/13/12

(Composed a few days ago for my wife for April 17,
the anniversary of our meeting 41 years ago.)

No comments:

Post a Comment