Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Impossible God

Old  Sarah bore a babe though very old,
old ‘Lizabeth too, so that was not so odd,
a virgin was with child by God so bold,
“for nothing is impossible with God.”*
Sometimes I pray for some impossible thing,
so I persist by trusting in the Lord,
then by some sweet surprise He makes me sing,
in some odd way He gives me my reward.
Old Sarah and Elizabeth and Mary
got pregnant by old Abe and Zach and God
in ways that seem to us not ordinary,
but not to God impossible or odd.
I’ll pray like Abe and Zach and Mary too,
for nothing is impossible, Lord, with You.

*Words of Gabriel to Mary at the Annunciation

(Dedicated to friends for a longtime impossible
prayer just answered in an odd way, so they said.)

                            -- by Pete Voelz     3/06/12

No comments:

Post a Comment