Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Offer to Trade



O God, Who rules my intellect with grace,
give me the wisdom that is in Your mind,*
Your foolishness I often fear to face,**
Your counsel to which I’m so often blind.

You rule my heart with love for what is right,
give me Your love for truth and honesty,
that I search for in life for Your delight,***
to build my character’s integrity.

Lord, grant my soul the courage I desire,
to bear my cross and not to count the pain,
to seek and to accept what You inspire,
to fight for and defend Your name and reign.

My mind, my heart, my soul I offer You
in trade so they stay faithful, Lord, and true.

* Of all values, Solomon put this one first.
** Jesus said the foolishness of God is wiser than men.
*** Socrates said our main goal is to search for truth.

                          -- by Pete Voelz       8/7/12

No comments:

Post a Comment