Thursday, August 16, 2012

God's There



God's there if I believe in Him or not,
to disbelieve in food, we still must eat,
we get burned when we eat what's way too hot,
to use the kitchen, we must stand the heat.*

I plan my picnic well, yet comes the rain,
things happen, not just what I wish inside,
we may dismiss the wound, still there is pain,
I order back the sea, still comes the tide.**

That disbelief makes heaven go away
is most absurd, an unreal fantasy,
God's in His heaven and there He will stay,
and disbelief just makes it hell for me.

Denying You, O Lord, won't make You leave,
help, Thou, my unbelief so I believe.***

* President Truman famously said, “If you
can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.”

** King Canute of England, Denmark and Norway
(1017-1035) showed his aides how little his 
power was by ordering the tide not to come in.

   *** Paraphrasing Mark 9:24:
“Lord, I do believe, help Thou my unbelief.”

                           -- by Pete Voelz     5/09

No comments:

Post a Comment