Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Soul Reality

I look for research on the love of God,  
the sole results will show on Judgment Day;  
the world we see is only a facade,  
our soul reality is here to stay.  
"We are not humans with a spiritual part,  
we're spiritual beings with a human side."*  
That bloody organ's what we call our heart,  
but more it's where our guts and love reside.  
A "cloud of witnesses"** helps guard us here,  
a thin veil separates them all from me,  
when I do good, the world won't hear them cheer,  
I'll hear my spiritual reality.  
The world can't solve our God of mystery,  
that ears and eyes of faith can hear and see.

                                      -- by Pete Voelz       6/29/11

*Paleontologist theologian priest Teilhard de Chardin
**Hebrews 12:1

(Dedicated to my nephew John on his 46th birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment