Monday, January 12, 2015

Free Each Day


Each day is like another Rosary bead
I use to pray and choose a way to blab it,
each need I feed, each deed I breed a weed,
unthinking rote, my day I float on habit.

Why don’t I measure each day and prayer a treasure,
and freely choose to offer everything
to God for His own glory, honor, pleasure,
each day, each prayer done as befits a king?

God gives me now this choice, this grace, this power
to exercise my freedom to control
my beads so seeds of contemplation flower,*
my days and deeds with meditative soul.

O God, You set me free to wake and choose
my every day and prayer for love to use.

* Thomas Merton wrote a famous bestseller
in 1949--“Seeds of Contemplation.” He said,
The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little.”

                            by Pete Voelz     1/12/15

No comments:

Post a Comment