Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New and Humbler Year


Our first ancestor Adam’s sin was pride,
the basis of all sins we love so dear,
my melanoma quietly spreads inside,
for me will come a new and humbler year.

Too late to change the future or the past,
it’s useless now to see what brought me here,
except the lesson nothing here will last,
and so for some this new more humble year.

A time of grace God gives me to prepare:
cooperate with dying, do not fear,
offer your humble life in humble prayer,
and don’t be glum this new and humble year.

So work I will on my humility,
share, Lord, Your meek and humble heart with me.*

* Traditional Catholic prayer: “O Jesus, meek and
humble of heart, make our hearts like unto Thine.”

                             by Pete Voelz     12/31/14

No comments:

Post a Comment