Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm Only One



What good am I if I am only one?
I’m powerless to reach the multitudes,
it’s influence I want, not wealth or fun,
I want to change the people’s attitudes.

But, Lord, it’s not for me, it’s all for You,
Yours is the message I must propagate,
Your words, Your Gospel, and Your love are true,
Your voice I want to, Lord, help resonate.

I will choose love to be my microphone,
St. Theresa said that love was her vocation,
if I share love, I’ll never be alone,
her roses she has showered on every nation.*

If I just bring one soul to You, O Lord,
You’ll shower on me Your infinite reward.

* Just before she died, St. Theresa, the Little Flower,
said she would send a shower of roses from heaven.

                                    -- by Pete Voelz       6/8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment