Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's Space-Time Warp



God takes His time, but takes my time too fast,
He makes me wait and lose the time I need,
some things I want first He lets happen last,
still most He does with all “deliberate speed.”*

I think I know best, yet I know God knows,
He’s such a know-it-all omniscient Lord,
the Master of the Universe, He chose
me now to wield His “terrible swift sword.”**

God’s future, past are present here today,
His time and space are different from mine,
inside of me He seems so far away,
so far my human is from His divine.

Yet each time, Lord, You prove that You know best,
and by surprise I find out I’m so blest.

* From Francis Thompson’s “Hound of Heaven,” a
phrase used by the U.S. Supreme Court in its 1955
Brown vs. Board of Education decision to describe
how fast school desegregation should occur.

** From “The Battle Hymn of the Republic”

                  -- by Pete Voelz       3/5/13

No comments:

Post a Comment