Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dancing God



(Dedicated to the Dancers)

God’s universe is so immense,
far as the eye can see,
and yet He takes up residence
in someone small like me.

God’s smarter than the human race
with all our smarts combined,
and yet He pours His smarts and grace
into my soul and mind.

God’s stronger than the devil’s sin
that so besets my soul,
and yet I know God’s side will win,
He’s always in control.

God’s better than a million saints,
yet ends up on the cross,
due to our sins and our complaints,
-- Oh! What a loss!

God’s bigger than the cross’s shame
with His humility,
and even though I am to blame,
He brings me victory.

God’s lovelier than a million flowers,
created by a glance,
thrilled with all His love and powers,
I wanna dance.

-- by Pete Voelz       3/27/13

No comments:

Post a Comment