Thursday, March 14, 2013

Free Slave



Since God made all, made me, and made me free,
true freedom is to be His willing slave,
to not believe is to be cowardly,
to be a slave of God is to be brave.

 Since God knows all, He knows more than I know,
to know the truth I must to God defer,
God knows what’s true, to who else can we go?*
He tells the truth to me I can be sure.

The truth shall set me free, I do believe,
I do not want to be a slave to lies,
in serving God, it’s life that I receive,
from death to life the slave of God will rise.

A life obeying You, Lord, You will bless,
then I will be forever free, no less.

* “Lord, to whom shall we go,” St. Peter said as some
followers left Christ because His words were too
strong for them, “You have the words of eternal life . . .”

-- by Pete Voelz       3/14/13

No comments:

Post a Comment