Monday, January 28, 2013

See Christ, Be Christ



I have MS, each night Christ visits me,
He’s female, old, and looks just like my mother;
is not Christ God, One of the Trinity,
and more, my Savior, my Best Friend and Brother?

Christ phones each night, He sounds just like my daughter,
He is, though God, to me, though old, so loyal;
so much like her, He does the things I taught her,
these nightly calls make me feel simply royal.

I see my sister’s love poured on her son,
next hear one called, the mother of my wife;
the years of love shine strong though almost done,
so who sustains such love throughout our life?

At death, love means I gave more, Lord, than took,
to see You and to be You, I must look.

                              -- by Pete Voelz       1/28/13

No comments:

Post a Comment