Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Resisting Trust



God’s Providence prevails, but I don’t trust,
I do my thing and give it all I’ve got,
work must get done, and I do what I must,
can’t wait for God, can’t be something I’m not.

God’s Providence demands some compromise,
to see my fate in His hands more than mine,
to look good, not in theirs, but in His eyes,
I’m only human, only He’s divine.

God looks for patience from a can-do man,
He asks no more than that I do my part,
my prayers discern the puzzle of His plan,
more than the work, He wants a change of heart.

I’ll trust more, Lord, and let You take the lead,
“Let go, let God,” You fill my every need.*

* St. Augustine said, “We should pray as if 
everything depended on God,” yet he added, 
“but work as if eveything depended on us.”

                           -- by Pete Voelz       1/29/13

No comments:

Post a Comment