Saturday, January 12, 2013

Death into Life



Eye has not seen what God for us has stored,*
in death we're born into eternal life,**
no grapes of wrath for those who fear the Lord,***
no terrible sword to cut away the strife.

Oh, what a thrill to enter His great realm,
will we sail slowly softly on the wing,
or land like lightning bolts that overwhelm,
amidst the multitude cheering for the King?

For He will be with me to free my breath,
I'll offer up the life He let me rule,
why should I be so sad to face my death,
when He's rejected only by the fool?****

I'll let God slice my slender thread of life
like butter severed by a searing knife.

* 1 Cor. 2:9
** St. Francis’s Prayer for Peace
*** Battle Hymn of the Republic
**** Psalm 14:1

                       -- by Pete Voelz      3/07

No comments:

Post a Comment