Saturday, September 3, 2011

Greatest Gift


O God, what is Your greatest gift of all?
You give me life, Creation fully blest,
and heaven undeserved after the Fall,
where You've invited me to be Your guest.
Since You are love, then love must be the one,
yet in what way is Your love best expressed?
By Your omnipotence and all You've done,
by Your omniscience too, I'm most impressed.
Your greatest gift is what You show to me,
what I'm more grateful for than all the rest,
that lets me come into eternity--
forgiveness for the sins that I've confessed.
O God, so merciful, You crib my test,
Your mercy is the gift I love the best.

                         -- by Pete Voelz       3/07

(Dedicated to St. Maria Faustina Kowalska,
to whom Christ appeared and told her His
greatest quality was mercy, leading to the Feast
of Divine Mercy, the first Sunday after Easter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment