Wednesday, September 10, 2014

See to Believe?


(Old adage: “If you can’t trust your banker,
who can you trust?”
New adage: “Maybe your Maker?”)

Why do I trust a God I cannot see?
Since I was born, we’ve talked of God as real,
I trust the deep faith of my ancestry,
by instinct His strong presence I can feel.

For all the stars, God’s Providence makes most sense,
I know so many things I cannot see,
His mighty works are obvious evidence,
so grand a God, I grant some mystery.

His Church, the fortress of His faith, is there,
He owns the greatest minds of history,
He speaks to me in GMC and prayer,*
His saints, heroic and loving, I can see.

O God unseen, I see You spiritually,
my eyes of faith are good enough for me.

* A GMC is a God-Made Coincidence.
Pope Saint JP2 said there are no coincidences,
only God’s Providence. So God sends us small
miracles, or coincidences, with a blessing and
a message--if we see them with our eyes of faith.

                              by Pete Voelz     9/10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment