Saturday, July 27, 2013

Love Conquers Fear


I know you love me, so I’m not afraid,
I know I’m safe whenever you are near,
if I need help, you hurry to my aid,
I’m loved, I’m safe, I’m helped--love conquers fear.

I’m not afraid, I know you love me too,
you always feel you’re safe with me, it’s clear,
just as you help me, so will I help you,
our mutual love’s secure, love conquers fear.

Since God is love, our faithful love is good,
what’s good above is also good down here,
that fear of God is good is understood,
our awe and love for God will conquer fear.

Like us, if our love’s in His image made,
we live John Paul’s first words--”Be not afraid.”*

* When he was made Pope, Bl. John Paul II’s
first six words were “Be not afraid, be not afraid.”

                           -- by Pete Voelz      7/27/13

No comments:

Post a Comment