Tuesday, July 2, 2013

God's Horcrux


God wants my horcrux to be His alone,*
He wants my heart and mind, my will power whole,
He wants my love first and foremost His own,
and for my everlasting joy, my soul.

My cell phone, my TV are there to use,
my work and fun are fine if God comes first,
His love’s an offer I cannot refuse,
He really wants to save me from the worst.

I put part of my soul in my Mercedes,
I love my golf game and I love to swim,
besides my family, yes, I love the ladies,
can God expect I have much left for Him?

Where to invest my soul You made me free,
to choose You for my horcrux, Lord, not me.

* A horcrux in Harry Potter is a place we
 store part of our soul, so if all the parts are
 lost, we have no soul left--like Voldemort’s.

                         -- by Pete Voelz     7/09

No comments:

Post a Comment