Thursday, December 13, 2012

The God Chase



I play “Chase God” instead of “God Chase Me.”
I’m tired of--when He calls--I run for cover,
I think it’s more fun plumbing mystery,
to try to capture “This Tremendous Lover.”*

Brave David wrote his psalms and guarded sheep,
God said he was a man after His heart,
it’s boring playing God games on the cheap,
St. Trez vowed she’d not be a saint in part.**

In chasing God, I let Him take the lead,
with Him I will more likely reach our goal,
the challenge is to keep me up to speed,
to hang tough on the fast track of the soul.

Then, Lord, when I’m about to cede the chase,
You turn around and catch me with Your grace.

* Title of a book about God’s love 
  by Ven. Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

** “I do not want to be a saint by halves.”--
St. Theresa (Trez in French) of Lisieux

               -- by Pete Voelz       12/8/12

No comments:

Post a Comment