Thursday, December 6, 2012

At Sea with God



O God, I cannot fathom Where You’re at,
Your ways are sunk in so much mystery,
My Ark I strand upon Mt. Ararat,
when I should dive down deep into Your sea.

Alone it seems I launch my tiny craft,
tossed by a tempest or the smallest squall,
yet it’s Your rigging steers me fore-and-aft,
I need but set my sail to where You call.

In prayer You strengthen me, but not by force,
to trust in You and cruise by my free will.
“But He Who has the steerage of my course,
direct my sail,”* as my heart I keep still.

So well You tell how my soul I might save,
to know Your love below and above the wave.

* Prayer of Romeo that night as he assesses,
unknowing but trusting, his meeting Juliet.

                              -- by Pete Voelz       12/6/12

No comments:

Post a Comment