Saturday, November 29, 2014

God's Pieces


God lets me know Him like a deck of cards,
not all at once He makes Himself appear,
He comes in peelings of sharp little shards
with tiny pictures under numbers clear.

God's like a puzzle waiting to be done,
I can't complete it with a magic wand,
I fill Him in with pieces one by one,
each piece fit careful as we gently bond.

God flows to me like flowers in a field,
each bloom made sweet with beauty all its own,
in both of us His blossoms are revealed,
just God and me together and alone.

I touch each layer so He can be seen,
each card and bloom myself with God between.

(Today this quote by St. Therese is on her site
after I finished writing this poem last night:
"Jesus bore with me patiently, for He does not
unfold everything at once to the soul. He gives
His light little by little." -- GMC)

                          -- by Pete Voelz       5/08

No comments:

Post a Comment