Friday, October 17, 2014

Breach of Humility


Is it a breach of my humility
to hope to have a hand in their salvation,
to seek to save the souls from sea to sea,
and lay my axe to all devilish temptation?

Is it my pride bids me strike for the Lord,
be a real “Master of the Universe,”*
to wield on earth His “terrible swift sword,”**
and wage a spiritual war on Eden’s curse?

Who helps Your love to live and evil kill,
who dons invisible armor at Your side?
“Here I am, Lord, I come to do Your will,”***
with no heed of humility or pride.

We are at war with Satan and his crew,
let me not shrink from fighting, Lord, for You.

* Popular saying, movie and toys of fake heroes.
** From the Battle Hymn of the Republic.
*** The boy Samuel’s answer to God’s call to him.

                              by Pete Voelz     10/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment