Friday, June 27, 2014

When All Is Lost


When all is lost, don’t ever think that way,
for there is Someone mighty always near,
attentive to my worries every day,
Who condescends to whisper in my ear.

I need to know why is my soul so great,
perhaps it is the company it keeps
that I should never underestimate,
for with it is the One Who never sleeps.

God’s with my soul, my light and my salvation,
whom should I fear, I need not be afraid,
He keeps my soul, Who watches every nation,
to aid, not ever rain on, my parade.

O Lord, as I take refuge in Your arms,
I find the good You draw from all the harms.

“I leave myself in the arms of the Lord.
He teaches me to draw profit from everything,
from the good and the bad which He finds in me.”
--St Therese, the Little Flower on FB today--GMC

                                by Pete Voelz     6/27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment