Wednesday, June 11, 2014

God Fun


God’s filled with fun, but it is future fun,
though one saint said just going to heaven is heaven,*
our greatest fun’s held back ‘til heaven’s won,
for that we need our fun-filled sins forgiven.

And yet the more I know You, God, the more
You stir my joy and make me happy here,
if anything, Lord, You are not a bore,
I fear to hurt You, You I do not fear.

You promise fun, but not for here and now,**
we have to have some faith Your fun will come,
so not before ourselves but You we bow,
we trust it will be worth our martyrdom.

How thin and pale the fun we have today,
though what Yours, Lord, will be we can’t yet say.

* St. Theresa of Avila

** Mary told St. Bernadette of Lourdes: “I cannot
promise you happiness in this life, only in the next.”

                                 by Pete Voelz     6/11/14
pmvoelz.blogspot.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment