Wednesday, November 20, 2013

TLC Mercy


My sin is like a grain of sand next to
the mountain of God’s mercy rising there,*
His greatest quality, mercy, a clue**
to just how vast’s His tender loving care.

Why would God make me if He did not love
His creature like Creation He called “good”?
He made the sea, why not a mountain of
His mercy He wants clearly understood.***

If God’s good is so visible on earth,
then greater still--invisible to me--
is all His good in me--of such great worth
that I will last for all eternity.

Someday will pass away, Lord, time and space,
but I’ll still live Your TLC of grace.

* St. John Vianney
** Jesus to St. Sr. Faustina
*** “Let the greatest sinners place their trust
in My mercy.”--Jesus to St. Sr. Faustina

                   by Pete Voelz      11/10/13

No comments:

Post a Comment