Thursday, November 7, 2013

Faith Score


God asks me things to do, but not to know,
to teach, then send my students off somewhere,
to raise my children, then to let them go,
by faith, I leave them all to God’s good care.

By faith, the Bible I know I can trust,
to put it into practice gives me pause,
to worship God in church for me’s a must,
by faith, I follow all their rules and laws.

With faith and reason’s help, I am not blind,
but do my prayers save sinners for Your glory?
And will my plenary indulgence bind
You, Lord, to free a soul from purgatory?*

With prayers and good intentions, I need more--
great faith in You, then let You keep the score.

                           by Pete Voelz      11/7/13

(After I wrote this poem early this morning,
I found out one of my best friends just died,
so I went to church and got him a plenary
indulgence--GMC, God-Made Coincidence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment