Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tear Prayers


God takes my tears and turns them into prayers,
the tears that take and tear my heart apart,
for it is God Who knows and shares my cares,
and shows a tear is where a prayer can start.

God sees my wounds that only He can heal,
but He wants me to turn to Him in tears,
the tears that prove my turn to Him is real,
shed by my sorrow and my desperate fears.

God wants my tears, my prayers, my heart and soul,
He wants to see me win my earthly race,
and to defeat the sins that take such toll,
to make my worldly grace eternal grace.

To You, O Christ, Who wept for me down here,
I’ll give my soul that starts out with a tear.

(Inspired by the words of St. Ambrose to St. Monica
about her son St. Augustine before his conversion:
“It is impossible for the son of such tears to perish.”)

                               by Pete Voelz       8/29/13

No comments:

Post a Comment