Sunday, May 12, 2013

Meeting Karen



You are vast as the sea at twilight,
novel as a child just met,
expectant as a new day dawning,
I do not know you yet.

Like coming up over a mountain,
struck by a breathless view,
discovering, yet thinking still--
I do not know you.

Anticipating everything better,
like spring after the snow,
yet wondering what it's all about,
I do not know.

Awakening in me new desires
and old dreams I forgot,
yet know for sure what will come--
I do not.

Admiring so many things I learn,
exploring the world of you,
caring a little, hoping a lot--
I do.

Losing myself in this maze,
like a star lost in the sky,
wondering if you too discover as
I.

     -- by Pete Voelz     April, 1971

(the week after we met, four
months before we married)

Happy Mother’s Day

No comments:

Post a Comment