Wednesday, May 29, 2013

God's Face, God's Eyes


To look You in the face I am afraid,
to look into Your eyes I cannot wait,
Your face will judge the broken life I’ve made,
Your eyes will heal my soul and seal my fate.

You are my judge and harsh Your punishment,
yet mercy is Your greatest quality,*
my sins You will forgive if I repent,
Your mercy gives me opportunity.

Your face is stern, Your eyes reflect Your soul,
soul full of love, revenge without a trace,
so many times in life I choose my goal,
and use, refuse, accept, reject Your grace.

Let me not lose these opportunities,
let me, O Lord, these loving chances sieze.

* Christ appeared to St. Sr. Faustina and told
her that mercy is His greatest quality.

                       -- by Pete Voelz     5/29/13

No comments:

Post a Comment