Monday, November 12, 2012

Blest Crumbs



If You love me, then You must help me more,
You give me crumbs because I am a crumb,
I need more than You’ve given heretofore,
some crumbs to last until Thy Kingdom come.

Am I a crumb because a smoldering wick,
because my faith’s a bruised and bent down reed?*
So little of Your grace crumbs seem to stick,
is it my fault that I am so in need?

Or do You want me to be crumb-like here,
so You can show Your great power through my weakness?
Your fortitude can conquer all my fear,
I’m strong because of, not despite, my meekness.

Your Gospel, Lord, my childlike eyes can see,
and even read it in poor poetry.

* “A bruised reed He will not break, a
smoldering wick He will not quench.”
-- Matt. 12:20

                    -- by Pete Voelz       11/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment