Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Flying Without Wings

I cannot see you, Angel,
but I know that you are there;
you watch me in the dark of night
and in the sunlight's glare.

You look at me from pictures,
and in books I've met you too,
so even if I tried I couldn't
get away from you.

I've heard a lot about you
from the people that I trust;
I can't help but put my faith in you,
and so I know I must.

The Bible tells us there are lots
of angels just like you,
and Jesus vows you guard me,
so I know it must be true.

He says you stand in heaven
before His Father's face
and pray for little ones like me
to share in all His grace.

God's love entrusts me here to you,
and so I have to care
enough to show my gratitude
by greeting you in prayer.

So I pray to you, dear Angel,
when I see the morning light,
that you guide and guard me all day long
and when I sleep at night.

I'd recognize your face
if I could see it, so it seems,
for once on Guardian Angels Eve
I met you in my dreams.

So when I try to sense you here
but cannot find a trace,
I'll just set my sights on heaven
where I'll see you face to face.

We'll become the best of friends
while the angel choir sings,
and forever we together
will go flying without wings.

           -- by Pete Voelz         1999

No comments:

Post a Comment