Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Faith and Faithfulness


What good is faith without the faithfulness?
Can I have faith and be disloyal too,
claim to believe, and then choose to digress?
For what is faith, if not faith through and through?

Christ is our model, where we see true faith,
He said, “Not My will, but Thy will be done.”
So faithful was He--all the way to death,
He proved Himself a loyal, faithful Son.

True faith is when we practice what we preach,
real faithfulness expressed in loyalty,
what Christ taught then, so now His Church does teach,
not my will, Lord, but my humility.

My faithfulness is not just what I choose,
but follow You, if You were in my shoes.

                         by Pete Voelz         4/22/15
                      pmvoelz.blogspot.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment