Friday, February 6, 2015

To Pray Before Prayer


“May You, O God out there,
attentive to my prayer,
so far beyond my fear,
come near to hear me say,

“May You, O God in here,
aware of every tear,
with care to share today,
respond I fondly pray.”


Why Pray Before I Pray?

Why is it good to pray before a prayer?
To see the wait and say, “I see Who waits,”
to view “I Am Who Am” Who’s way out there,
the great Creator waits and still creates.

Why is it good to know He has no fear,
far from the petty passions of my day,
except to fear I won’t invite Him near,
I know He’s close enough to hear me pray.

Why is it good to sense Him here inside,
where He can feel like me these tears of mine,
where here from Him I can no longer hide,
where I can taste a bit of His divine?

God of my soul and Lord of far beyond,
share me Your care, please to my prayer respond.

                          by Pete Voelz     2/6/15

No comments:

Post a Comment