Thursday, May 29, 2014

Trading Gifts


I trade my gifts for God's:
my precious life, to start,
I give it back to Him
with all my heart.

The gift of faith is next:
this treasure that God gave me,
returning it to Him, I trust,
will be enough to save me.

The third is God's good grace,
and plenty for my needs
of following His holy will
with gifts of my good deeds.

Of course, God's infinite love,
far stronger than a mother's,
returns to Him whenever I
can share it with my brothers.

I look around and see
the gifts of God's creation;
for it I'll give in stewardship
my work of preservation.

The people God has given me--
my children, friends and wife--
I'll serve with true devotion
the remainder of my life.

God's gifts of health and wealth and work
I'll give all back by using
the best of them on His behalf
in ways of my own choosing.

The talents and the charisms
God gave me at my birth
I offer to His glory
for all that they are worth

God gives His every gift to me
in ways that are so tender;
I have no choice but to return
them all in sweet surrender.

     -- by Pete Voelz       1999


No comments:

Post a Comment