Friday, February 28, 2014

A Covenant with God


I made a covenant with God
when I was born
and couldn't even see
the love He had planned out for me.
I know it seems a little odd,
so early in the morn
of life, to be
so conscious of His mystery.

He, full aware of all that's fine,
arranged the pact,
and writing on my heart
so carefully inspired my part,
hiding the faith that would be mine,
while what I lacked
He set apart
and filled the rest with His mysterious art.

I slow awakened to His song --
around me swirled
so many new
things that I thought were true,
but they would be outlasted long
in His immortal world
by just a few
mysterious notes that I already knew.

He sealed our treaty with His love,
resealed it in His truth,
revealed for me to know,
His love to share, His truth to show.
While angels happily witnessed it above,
I in my youth
tripped on it here below,
bright memory of
a mystery in love
from long ago.

-- by Pete Voelz      1999


No comments:

Post a Comment