Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Surprising Grace



 O God, You did it, didn’t You, again?
You proved Yourself the God of the surprise;
despite my lowliness, and all my sin,
You pulled Your grace off right before my eyes.

You put a fantasy into my mind,
a little story I wished would come true,
then waved, it seemed, Your magic wand so kind,
and made it a reality from You.

How could I ever doubt, O Lord, Your love,
that You would spin such loving mystery,
and send it from Your mighty throne above,
to land upon the most unworthy me.

My soul can race but never can outpace
or trace, O God, Your most surprising grace.

                     -- by Pete Voelz       4/3/13

* Pope Francis in his Easter Vigil homily
spoke of how God surprises us.
The very next morning at Easter Mass,
 God gave me a big surprise--GMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment