Thursday, October 18, 2012

God in the Void



I think of everything but God
from ant to asteroid,
and then I think of God, how odd
to stare into the void.

For if, O God, I try to see
You there beyond a star,
much further than infinity,
I know You really are.

And if I look at all of space,
so far beyond the sky,
I still can't recognize Your face
or see the reason why.

For us God made the universe,
it wasn't on a whim,
He hopes we use it in reverse
to praise and worship Him.

O God, as far away You are,
You still are close to me,
more than my world or any star,
You shape my destiny.

You are the God that I adore,
together or apart,
I want to love You ever more
and give You my heart.

God is a million miles away,
my closest caring Friend,
Who'll be tomorrow as today
a partner to the end.

     -- by Pete Voelz      8/08

No comments:

Post a Comment